Spring is over – Summer is here!
I mostly finished my reading list! And read several other books along the way, due to library schedules or getting distracted. For example, I read the Zookeeper’s Wife by Diane Ackerman and really enjoyed it! I also read a biography of George Washington that wasn’t as enjoyable, but was a good start on what is turning into a major reading project around the Founding Fathers.
The beauty of a challenge is that it keeps me on task, so I don’t get too far off track with additional reads without reading at least some of my original objective.
My original list with links to book reviews or summaries.
- Consequences of Sin by Clare Langley-Hawthorne
- Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo (an advance readers’ edition, it’s coming out June 2009)
- Get Outta My Face! by Rick Horne
- The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns
- The Odyssey by Homer
- Spectacular Sins by John Piper
- How Long, O Lord by DA Carson
- Emily Climbs by LM Montgomery
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
- The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
- The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett
- finish Les Miserables (I’ve read 1 volume)
- Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
- Foxe’s Book of Martyrs by John Foxe-the ChristianAudio May freebie
- Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places by Eugene Peterson – the ChristianAudio June freebie – started but not finished.
- Believing God by RC Sproul, Jr.
- George Muller bio by Pierson – on Kindle