It’s that time again.
Here is the list of books I hope to read in the month of July.
- The Metamorphoses by Ovid – library book
- Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs as part of the Reading the Classics at Tim Challies’ blog
- Notes from the Tilt-A-Whirl by N. D. Wilson – Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger
- The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey by Trenton Stewart – on loan from the 11 year old
- The Name of this Book is Secret by pseudonymous bosch- on loan from the 11 year old
- If You’re Reading This, It’s Too Late by pseudonymous bosch- on loan from the 11 year old
- The Odyssey by Homer, maybe?
- I need to start John Adams by David McCullough for the Sept book club meeting.
Here is the list of books I planned to read in June, with progress made:
- Dred Scott’s Revenge by Judge Andrew Napolitano (Thomas Nelson book review blogger) – finished
- Patriarch: George Washington and the New American Nation by Richard Norton Smith – finished
- The Zookeeper’s Wife by Diane Ackerman – finished
- The Odyssey by Homer – keeps getting crowded out by library books
- Believing God by RC Sproul Jr. – finished
Other books I read this month:
- I also read Honey, I Don’t Have a Headache Tonight by Sheila Wray Gregoire – very funny and very good. This was on my nightstand a few months ago and I’m glad I finally read it.
- I picked up A City of Bells by Elizabeth Goudge and it was wonderful! Now I need to read the other 2 in the trilogy.
- I also found a new author – still life by Louise Penny. There are another 4 in that series that I will enjoy reading. This was a well written mystery with great characters.
- I read The Mysterious Benedict Society, loaned to me by an 11 year old – very good book
- And the sixth Maisie Dobbs book, Among the Mad by Jacqueline Winspear came out so I read it as well.
Now we know why I didn’t finish The Odyssey.