I promised photos but we got busy and it took all week to finish the project. He finally got out there Wednesday morning (9 days after we started) and finished cutting the pieces to fit in the holes. It looks very nice.
Half the photos are on his iPhone so I don’t have them yet, but these give you a good idea of the progress. The main thing I don’t have a picture of is the boys smiling (not!) while carrying the pavers to the back patio.
One thing we didn’t get was a picture of the area before we started. But I believe he has a picture of it before we removed all the grass.
Then the pavers on the patio.
First day’s progress – we dug the trench for the foundation of the wall, cleared all the grass and leveled the area for the sand and pavers, got the wall put in and started putting down sand and pavers.
Then we had to get the dirt moved so it wouldn’t kill the grass in the yard. A friend had a place for us to dump it so it got shoveled into the truck and then out of the truck. We’re tired of moving dirt.
A few days later he finished laying all the pavers with holes where he needed to cut some to size/shape.
Of course we had curious cats watching most of this every time we were outside.
Finally – help from a circular saw with a diamond blade and he had it all done.
No more scraggly bushes, straw, or trimming around the area. We like it!